In this piece from California Pilgrimage, Michael Jackson and Fritz Maytag (and members of the Anchor Beer team) watch the harvest of the barley for Anchor’s Christmas Ale. They are at a farm near Tule Lake near the Oregon border.
The Dutch sub-titles add a certain je ne sais quoi.
Michael Jackson, The Beer Hunter, died of a heart attack in August of 2007 at the age of 65. He had suffered from Parkinson’s and diabetes.
- The Artisanal Beer Movement in America: history and current affairs (observanteater.com)
- Anchor Vs. Sam: the Aleheads (don’t) Take a Stand (aleheads.com)
- Oldest Operating Brewpub in New England (timesunion.com)
- ‘California Pilgrimage’ [part two] – Michael Jackson’s The Beer Hunter (52beers.wordpress.com)
- ‘California Pilgrimage’ [part one] – Michael Jackson’s The Beer Hunter (52beers.wordpress.com)
- Kitchen Anthropology: Home Brewing an Ancient Beer (ancientfoods.wordpress.com)