According to the American Homebrewers Association (AHA) site the AHA Big Brew – A Celebration of National Homebrew Day will be on May 5, 2012. And, the two recipes of the day will be 1) an American Brown Ale or a or 2) Northern English Brown Ale. The link to these recipes are at http://wiki.homebrewersassociation.org/BigBrew2012.
The Lake County Homebrewers as a group have not yet decided where (although the Featherbed Railroad Bed & Breakfast has offered to host the club) and what to brew on the AHA Big Brew Day 2012. Last year we brewed a stout that was then aged in a bourbon barrel.
We’d like to try another barrel, so if anyone knows of a barrel–cheap–we’d love to hear about it.
- The Big Brew Day – Lake County 2011 (52beers.wordpress.com)
- Beer #18 – Gritty’s Best Brown Ale (dumideas.wordpress.com)
- Weekend in Brewing (morganriverbrewery.wordpress.com)
- 9 Websites To Help You Start Brewing You Very Own Beer (makeuseof.com)
- Home-Brew and the DIY innovation movement – What Beer Can Teach Us About Emerging Technologies (adafruit.com)
- I am a Homebrewer II – five more reasons to become a homebrewer (52beers.wordpress.com)