Our next scheduled Lake County Homebrew Club (visit our Facebook page here) meeting is set for Monday April 23rd, 2012 at 6 PM at at Guido’s Pizza in Kelseyville. For the Big Brew on National Homebrew Day (Saturday, May 5, 2012) the tentative plan is to brew a New Holland Dragon’s Milk clone and hopefully procure a 55-60 gallon bourbon barrel to age it in although this is not set in stone. Leave a comment if you have other ideas.
And, leave a comment if you are interested in brewing at Big Brew Day, and whether you want to brew 5 or 10 gallons. We may have extra equipment for mashing.
Anyone out there with a 55-60 gallon bourbon barrel that will loan it (for 6 months) or sell it for a song? Let me know in the comments.
- From no brew to homebrew: Make your own beer in 3 simple steps (52beers.wordpress.com)
- From no brew to homebrew – equipment (52beers.wordpress.com)
- Big Brew 2011 Video (52beers.wordpress.com)
- I am a Homebrewer II – five more reasons to become a homebrewer (52beers.wordpress.com)
- I am a Homebrewer – five reasons you should be one too (52beers.wordpress.com)
- Make These 7 Homebrewing Resolutions for 2012 (suburbanmen.com)
- AHA Big Brew Day 2012 in Lake County (52beers.wordpress.com)
- Like a Boss: Homebrew Fans Unite for Brew Springsteen (girlslikebeertoo.net)
- $64 for a Beer-Making Starter Kit and Ingredients from Midwest Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies (Up to $137.92 Value) (bxcheapskate.com)