In the past we have poured samples of our homebrew at this event. This year, sadly, we will not be pouring samples. While the California Dept. of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) may issue a special daily license to a group conducting a picnic, social, or similar gathering, the local ABC officials interpret this as applying only to commercially made beer and wine.
California represents one of the most comprehensive state statutes. §23356.2 also provides for the removal of beer manufactured in the home for use in competitions, tastings, or judgings.
It seems ABC interprets these tastings to be between others who are also homebrewers. And, they can, without a warrant, confiscate brewing equipment.
- From no brew to homebrew: Make your own beer in 3 simple steps (52beers.wordpress.com)
- From no brew to homebrew – equipment (52beers.wordpress.com)
- Big Brew 2011 Video (52beers.wordpress.com)
- I am a Homebrewer II – five more reasons to become a homebrewer (52beers.wordpress.com)
- I am a Homebrewer – five reasons you should be one too (52beers.wordpress.com)
- Make These 7 Homebrewing Resolutions for 2012 (suburbanmen.com)
- AHA Big Brew Day 2012 in Lake County (52beers.wordpress.com)
- Like a Boss: Homebrew Fans Unite for Brew Springsteen (girlslikebeertoo.net)
- $64 for a Beer-Making Starter Kit and Ingredients from Midwest Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies (Up to $137.92 Value) (bxcheapskate.com)