It’s been more than 37 hours since we pitched with Wyeast 2007 (Pilsner Lager) yeast into the cooled wort of the house pale ale and there is still no indication of fermentation. Wyeast 2007 comes in a “smack-pack.” The package had expanded, so the yeast were active at 6pm on Sunday when they were pitched into the 62F wort.
Update: A foamy head of Kräusen has appeared on the top of the wort some 42 hours after the yeast pitch.
- This week on Brew Disasters: House Pale Ale (52beers.wordpress.com)
- Test Tube Yeast Evolve Multicellularity (scientificamerican.com)
- Not so great fermentations. How not to mash. (52beers.wordpress.com)
- Stuck fermentation? (52beers.wordpress.com)
- For Beer Lovers Only: A Craft Beer Glossary (menuism.com)
- The saga of the “Oh Well, What the Hell” Pale Ale. Off Flavors. (52beers.wordpress.com)