Are you new to homebrewing? This is about the trials, errors, successes, and got plain fun stuff of brewing your own beer.
My name is Norm and I’m a writer who focuses on environmental issues: deforestation, food production, biofuels, and other stuff (if you’re interested in such things, it’s http://timberati.com). But, more importantly for this blog, I’m a homebrewer.
For nearly a decade, I have have brewed extract kits like this one. This year marked the move into all-grain brewing. Do I know what I’m doing? Absolutely…not.
<=== But so far I like the results.
You might be considering moving into brewing your own beer. Or, perhaps you have just started too and would like to share what you have learned.
If you have been brewing for many, many batches, your knowledge is invaluable.
- I am a Homebrewer II – five more reasons to become a homebrewer (52beers.wordpress.com)
- I am a Homebrewer – five reasons you should be one too (52beers.wordpress.com)
- Laurel IPA collaboration update – Will there be sharing? (52beers.wordpress.com)
- This week on Brew Disasters: Bottling Batch #2 of Laurel IPA (52beers.wordpress.com)
- Status Check (52beers.wordpress.com)
- Not so great fermentations. How not to mash. (52beers.wordpress.com)
- The World of Home Brewing. Wow! (gregsymonds.wordpress.com)
We just finished an infographic (Boozin’) that looks at the US’s drinking habits & how we stack up. You can view it at: http://www.healthline.com/health/alcohol-addiction/drinking-infographic
We were wondering if you would be interested in publishing the infographic on https://52beers.wordpress.com/ , and/or sharing it with your followers.
Thanks in advance for your consideration.
Hey, I would love to hear your thoughts about our new competition, please see our press release. Cheers, Marty.
For Immediate Release
Contact: Marty Nachel email@example.com
Date: April 20th, 2015
What: #1 Beer Fan Competition
Who: Fans of Beer Everywhere in the United States
When: Competition begins May 1st and ends in December 2015
Why: To recognize and celebrate American beer fans
Where: Chicago-based competition open to all U. S. residents
Commercial brewers have a multitude of competitions at which they can win all sorts of awards for their brewing prowess, but who celebrates the beer consumers who support these brewers? Until now, no one.
The #1 Beer Fan competition is designed to recognize and celebrate the most passionate and knowledgeable beer fans in the country. The #1 Beer Fan will be chosen from among the hundreds (thousands?) who choose to participate in this competition.
This months-long competition will winnow down the field of qualified entrants through a series of tests, tastings and participatory events, including:
• Round 1: Contestants will submit a short video to be voted on by the beer community.
• Round 2: Contestants will complete a comprehensive online beer exam.
• Round 3: Contestants will participate in an in-person beer evaluation in the Chicago area in fall of 2015.
• Round 4: Finalists will compete in a reality show style competition that will be filmed and released in 4 episodes.
• Final Round 5: Remaining finalists will compete in front of a live audience and a professional judging panel to determine the #1 Beer Fan.
#1 Beer Fan Competition is a joint venture between Beer Community Organizer, Don DiBrita (Beerdogging.com), and beer book author and beer educator, Marty Nachel. In addition to creating a fun and entertaining competition, beer awareness and education is their ultimate goal.
Check out our website: http://1beerfan.com/