Are you interested in learning about brewing using malted barley grain? The Lake County Homebrewers will have at least 3 brewing systems set up and will be brewing from 11 AM until 5PM on May 5, 2012 at Mt. Konocti Winery (I know brewing beer at a winery, can you believe that?). Come over and watch us brew beer! Mount Konocti Winery is located at 2550 Big Valley Road, Kelseyville, CA 95451.
We are eager to answer any questions about the brewing process; a process that goes back 10,000 years.
This just in (4/24/12 @ 3pm): The American Homebrewers Association says: Now back to our regularly scheduled blog.
We will be brewing a big (high gravity) beer. Last year we brewed a stout that was then aged in a bourbon barrel. This year we are considering :
Barley Wine/Imperial Stout – 9.7% aged in Bourbon Barrel Similar to Old Rasputin by North Coast Brewing Company.
Using White Labs WLP001 or Fermentis Safale 05 yeast.
Strong Belgian Blonde Ale aged in Chardonnay Barrel 10% ABV – using WLP500 Blonde Wheat aged in Chardonnay – 8.5% similar to Blue Moon Chardonnay Blonde could possibly add orange peel and coriander using either a Wit, Hefe, or Belgian Yeast Strain Saison aged in Chardonnay Barrel – 8.5% using WLP566 Saison Yeast or Wyeast 3711 India Pale Ale (English style) Using White Labs WLP002 or Fermentis Safale 04 yeast.
Whatever we end up brewing, we would love to see you there.
- [Lake County] Homebrewers Host Demonstration (record-bee.com)
- The Big Brew Day – Lake County 2011 (52beers.wordpress.com)
- Beer #18 – Gritty’s Best Brown Ale (dumideas.wordpress.com)
- Weekend in Brewing (morganriverbrewery.wordpress.com)
- 9 Websites To Help You Start Brewing You Very Own Beer (makeuseof.com)
- Home-Brew and the DIY innovation movement – What Beer Can Teach Us About Emerging Technologies (adafruit.com)
- I am a Homebrewer II – five more reasons to become a homebrewer (52beers.wordpress.com)
- How to End Your Homebrewing Hiatus (drinks.seriouseats.com)
- Homebrewing laws tapped for change (stateline.org)
- Like a Boss: Homebrew Fans Unite for Brew Springsteen (girlslikebeertoo.net)
- Delaware Beer History: Brewing Before Dogfish Head (drinks.seriouseats.com)